Wednesday, February 10, 2016

First day of Fieldwork!

 Today our class started our first day of fieldwork! In groups we will teach our lessons to a 5th grade class. I was in group one so today was our turn! To say I was a little bit nervous would be a huge understatement. I have never taught in front of an entire class before. When I first started my education classes here at MSMC my fieldwork consisted of observations and one on one instruction. Since we were the first group to go and it was our first time I think we did ok. There was without a doubt room for improvement but we did good.
     We did not get to finish part of our lesson due to the limited time that we were not aware of but we know for next time that we have to work on our time management. Time management is the key to teaching. We also could do better when presenting the information to the class. I know I have trouble with not reading off the slides from a presentation and not fully making eye contact. We are teaching again next class session so we are going to make sure that we are more prepared then before. I'm still a little nervous but hopefully since this is my second time I can go in more confident and be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment